Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2021 Patricia Harris-Johnson Leadership Scholarship! This application is only for young women of color (must be a 2021 Graduating High School Senior) who are seeking enrollment in an accredited HBCU (Historically Black College/University) in the Fall of 2021.
The following are required in order to apply for the 2021 Patricia Harris-Johnson Scholarship:
- Must identify as Female
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Spring 2021 graduating high school senior
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher
- Must be enrolled full-time as a Freshman attending an HBCU during the 2021-2022 academic school year
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities
All applicants must:
- Complete and submit the provided application below
- Provide the transcript (official or unofficial) for your most recently completed academic term-this should include your first term or semester 2021 grades and cumulative GPA
- Provide two letters of recommendations (Note: The recommendations must come from a non-relative)
- Provide a list of extracurricular activities including any organization memberships and/or leadership positions held
- Provide a high-resolution photo of yourself or your high school ID
- Submit the required essay responses below for the scholarship (Each short essay response should be 200 – 250 words. All essays must be completed for submission consideration.)
*What does being a “Pretty Brown Girl” mean to you, and what are some of your strengths and attributes as a Pretty Brown Girl?
*What has been your proudest accomplishment or moment in your life thus far?
*Why did you select your HBCU, and what are you hoping to gain from this experience?
*Why are you deserving of this scholarship, and how will it help you pursue your dreams?
Applications are currently open until Friday, May 28th at 11:59pm EST. All applicants will be notified via email of selection status. If you require additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.