Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2022 Patricia Harris-Johnson Leadership Scholarship! This application is only for young women of color (must be a 2022 Graduating High School Senior) seeking enrollment in an accredited college or university in the fall of 2022.
The following are required in order to apply for the 2022 Patricia Harris-Johnson Scholarship:
- Must identify as Female
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be enrolled as a Spring 2022 graduating high school senior
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher
- Must provide proof of acceptance to a 4- year institution for the 2022-2023 academic school year
All applicants must:
- Complete the scholarship checklist and submit the provided application online
- Provide an official transcript for your most recently completed academic term (Note: This should include your first term or semester 2022 grades and cumulative GPA)
- Provide One Letter of Recommendation on Official Letterhead (Note: The recommendation must come from a non-relative and include the nominator’s name, title, organization, contact information, and signature)
- Share with us your extracurricular activities, accomplishments, or achievements. This may include organization/sports/club memberships, leadership positions, significant awards and/or achievements, employment, etc.
- Provide a high-resolution photo of yourself (Note: Must be a cap and gown photo, yearbook photo, or professional photo. Selfies will not be accepted.)
- Submit a video response for each of the questions below (click here to download our video submission instructions):
1. Tell us about yourself and how will this scholarship help you to pursue your goals and dreams.
2. Our PBG theme for 2022 is “Flex over Fear”. Tell us how you flexed over fear by sharing how you overcame any adversities. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
Applications are currently open until Tuesday, May 31st at 11:59pm EST. All applicants will be notified via email of their selection status. If you require additional information, please email Melissa Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org.