Become A Remote PBG Facilitator!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Remote Facilitator for our virtual program, Pretty Brown Girl Academy!
Listed by New York Magazine and ranked by NBC News, Pretty Brown Girl is an organization dedicated to educating and empowering Black and Brown girls by encouraging self-acceptance while cultivating social, emotional & intellectual well-being. PBG Academy is designed to provide Black and Brown girls access to a culturally responsive, personalized learning environment that offers a variety of experiences, instructional approaches, and academic support strategies.
Ideal Facilitators will be those who have a passion for empowering girls and can relate to all grade levels (3rd-12th) by identifying current culture (music, trends, etc.), and having hands-on experience with Social Media (Tik Tok, Instagram, etc.)
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Classroom/ workshop experience working with and mentoring girls/youth
- Experience facilitating group discussions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen carefully to individual needs and give positive feedback
- Familiarity with operating online meeting tools (i.e., Zoom, Google Meet)
Availability + Information About Sessions
- Sessions will run during the weekdays (Monday-Fridays). Sessions can start as early as 11am EST and end as late as 7pm EST.
- Sessions will be held once a week for one hour. There is a total of 15 sessions per assigned group.
- Facilitators can be assigned to multiple groups based on availability. Some Facilitators may work one hour per week (assigned to one group), while others may work 3+ hours (assigned to multiple groups).
- The programs will start in November 2021 and end in June 2022.
Training and a Facilitator Guide is included, along with a $65 stipend for each session facilitated. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please complete the form below. For any questions, please contact our Program Manager, Alexus Gulley, at firstname.lastname@example.org!