Host A Pretty Brown Girl Vision Board Party
As you are aware, our International PBG Day will take place on Saturday, February 24th, 2018. Our theme is “Envision Your Future, Manifest Your Purpose” as we seek to encourage girls to “Dream Big” by visualizing their success while exploring the process of Envisioning Success. We want to encourage every girl to nurture a generous heart, courage of mind and a boldness of spirit and of course to Dream BIG!
Envision It… Believe It… Do It!
We are grateful that you have chosen to celebrate with us during our 7th Annual 2018 International Pretty Brown Girl Day by hosting a Pretty Brown Girl Vision Board Party! We will seek to provide you with tips and tools to create an experience that can be remembered and repeated for many years to come. Your commitment to celebrate this momentous occasion is going to be life changing!
Vision Board Party Checklist
Prepare your guest list and send invitations.
We have three easy ways to send your invitations;
- If you would like to physically mail out your invitations, click here to download the invitation online. The size of the invitation is 5.5in x 4in and we recommend that you print them front and back on cardstock paper.
- If you would like to invite your guests on Social Media, simply download this file to share on your pages. You can then add any details to your post regarding your party (i.e. location, time, rsvp, etc.)
- If you would like to send out an e-invitation, please email us at email@example.com for a sample email that you can customize.
Shop for your “Vision Board Party” supplies.
- Make sure that each guest has their PBG T-Shirts. Look for decorations and party favors; you may also want to pick-up some girly accessories for your guests.
Decide on your menu.
- The food can include small sandwiches, pastries, cupcakes, cakes, cookies, fruit, etc. Should you have cupcakes, be sure to order our signature Pretty Brown Girl cupcake wrappers.
Prepare for your activities.
- Each official PBG Day celebration includes activities. We suggest that you prepare ahead of time. You can also add other fun activities or crafts to your party.
Choose a team of volunteers to help facilitate your “Vision Board Party”.
- You should assign helpers before the big day, so they will be prepared to assist with each activity during your party.
Choose a volunteer photographer and videographer.
- You will need both!
Choose a great CD for music that is empowering to girls and women.
- Try to include girl-themed songs! You can also play the official Pretty Brown Girl Song. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Choose a clean-up committee.
- Plan ahead to have help at the end of your day.
Preparing For Your Vision Board Party
As your guest arrive…
You could provide a variety of Ice Breakers that the guests can participate in when they arrive at the Celebration. Please review our “Dream Big” Icebreaker below, the girls will love this!
- Supplies Needed: Pink rubber ball
- Instructions: Gather the girls into a circle. Talk to the girls about what it means to Dream Big (You can strive to do and be anything that is in your heart). Then, explain to the girls that when the ball is tossed to them, the following statement should be recited: “I am a Pretty Brown Girl who Dreams Big by ________________________” (Example: Getting A’s on my math homework because I want to be an Engineer).
Officially welcoming your guests.
- Provide an overview of Pretty Brown Girl and the importance of the “International Pretty Brown Girl Day”.
Start your vision board activity…
- Please download our PBG Vision Board activity here
It’s time to celebrate…
- Recite the Pretty Brown Girl Pledge together. Please click here to access the pledge.
- Visiting our website, www.prettybrowngirl.com
- Visiting our online store at www.prettybrowngirlshop.com
- Thank your guests for coming and encourage them to support the Pretty Brown Girl Movement by.
- Introducing your guests to our new PBG T-Shirt Fundraiser. More details can be found at www.pbgfundraiser.com!
Sample Agenda For Your Vision Board Party
- Guests Arrive & Sign In
- Officially Welcome Guests
- Pretty Brown Girl Ice Breaker
- Create Your PBG Vision Boards
- Take the Pretty Brown Girl Pledge
- It’s Time To Celebrate!
Supplies Needed For Your Vision Board Party
- White Poster Boards (This can be determined by the number of guests you will have. We also recommend using only 1/2 a board for younger girls)
- Lots of Magazines
- Glitter (optional)
- Snacks and drinks for your guests to enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have any questions regarding the 7th Annual International Pretty Brown Girl Day or hosting a Vision Board Party, please click here to review our Frequently Asked Questions!
Download the official Pretty Brown Girl Vision Board activity.
- Please click here to download the official PBG Vision Board Party activity.
Contact Pretty Brown Girl
- If you have any additional questions or would like to speak with us directly, please contact us at 1-800-514-8559 or email@example.com.