Pretty Brown Girl Terms and Conditions of Membership
Pretty Brown Girl, LLC, a Limited Liability Corporation headquartered in Michigan presents the Pretty Brown Girl Club, Pretty Brown Girl Academy, D.R.E.A.M. Program and materials for non-commercial use. “Club” members are not members of Pretty Brown Girl, LLC or Pretty Brown Girl Foundation.
Pretty Brown Girl staff will be using a website created exclusively for education called Edmodo. It is a Facilitator-moderated social network where students can share ideas, publish their work, and learn how to communicate effectively online. This site is not public; only those in Pretty Brown Girl will be participating on our platform. Students are responsible for their accounts and those under 13-years-old, parents will be responsible. They must not give access to or reveal their password to anyone. Our commitment to keeping our participants safe is always our number one priority.
In order to participate in distance-based Club experiences, you will need to provide the following:
- A computer, mobile, or tablet device with access to the Internet
- A quiet space at home in which members can participate in distance-based experiences under the supervision of an adult
The platforms that Pretty Brown Girl will be utilizing for the virtual program activities listed below include but are not limited to: Edmodo, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Please review their respective terms and conditions.
- Pretty Brown Girl DREAM Curriculum
- Girl Talks/ Group chats
- Online Social-Emotional support
- Video conferencing
- Pretty Brown Girl’s online program is intended for educationally enriching purposes only. Any inappropriate content will be deleted.
- Assignments and Activities can be posted by the Facilitator and students have the ability to submit work to the Facilitator from school or away from school.
- Students will be expected to follow Pretty Brown Girl’s Acceptable Use Policy and any abuses will be addressed.
- Before a student will be given an access code to join the Pretty Brown Girl Edmodo site, the parent or guardian and student must agree to the expectations and Terms of Service. In addition, the parent/guardian must grant permission (below) for the student to participate.
- Parents/Guardians who agree for their child to participate may request a parent code. This code will allow you as a parent/guardian to create your own login to Edmodo to see your child’s posts,comments, responses, assignments, etc. Please check below to receive a parent code.
- Parent/Student will not share personal information about themselves or others, including, but not limited to, names,home addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, or email addresses.
- Parent/Student will abide by all laws,, but not limited to their schools Acceptable Use of Technology Policies or Procedures.
- Parent/Student will not share any passwords or classroom links with anyone nor directly or indirectly allow another person to use them.
- Parent/Student will not access the account information of others.
- Parent/Student will log out of classroom links when online instruction has ended in order to maintain privacy and security.
Informed Consent, Terms & Conditions and Children’s Online Privacy Protection
For all permission and release information below, Pretty Brown Girl, “we” and “us” collectively refers to Pretty Brown Girl LLC or Pretty Brown Girl Foundation. The “student” refers to the student participating in Pretty Brown Girl’s program. This form is an agreement between the participating student if over 18 or the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the participating student if under 18 and Pretty Brown Girl.
Please note that although participation in Pretty Brown Girls’ programs is voluntary, once this agreement is signed, it cannot be withdrawn and remains in effect even after the student is no longer participating in any Pretty Brown Girl programming. By signing below, you acknowledge that you agree to each of the terms and conditions of this Informed Consent and License Agreement.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Pretty Brown Girl, LLC, a Limited Liability Corporation headquartered in Michigan presents the Pretty Brown Girl Club, Pretty Brown Girl Academy, D.R.E.A.M. Program and materials for non-commercial use. “Club” members are not members of Pretty Brown Girl, LLC or Pretty Brown Girl Foundation. Pretty Brown Girl is not responsible or liable for any mishaps, medical or otherwise, related to your child’s involvement in the PBG program at any School. Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials contained on any Pretty Brown Girl guide or website (collectively, the “Contents”) are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, and/or other intellectual properties owned or controlled by Pretty Brown Girl LLC. The Contents of all Pretty Brown Girl materials are intended solely for school purposes. Students/parents shall keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notice and make no modifications to any materials or use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, or brands.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, any Pretty Brown Girl materials or website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Pretty Brown Girl harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to their involvement in the PBG Program.
Permission for Feedback
In order to gain information about the effectiveness of our programs, evaluation in the form of surveys, verbal discussions, or writing assessments may be requested by Pretty Brown Girl from students, parents and teachers. Participation in any of these evaluations is NOT required. No identifying information will be attached to any results that are shared outside of Pretty Brown Girl. Anonymous findings will be shared with our existing, or potential, donors, funders, and partners for the purpose of demonstrating the effectiveness and impact of our programs.
Film, Photography, Audio and Media Permission
During Pretty Brown Girl programming, we may document the work or participation of the student through photography, film, video, audio, or other recording techniques. Students agree that these images and recordings may thereafter appear in Pretty Brown Girl publications, reports, film productions, websites, or social or online media platforms. These will not be used for commercial use. Pretty Brown Girl may wish to use this material in promotional materials (which may include Pretty Brown Girl websites, or social or online media platforms) on the radio, television, in press articles, or other media about Pretty Brown Girl, including partnerships and promotions benefiting Pretty Brown Girl. These materials provide the public with helpful information about programs at Pretty Brown Girl and amplify students’ impact to a broader audience.
Permission for Email And Mobile Phone Number Collection And Communication
For purposes of communicating with students about current and upcoming program opportunities and events, Pretty Brown Girl may collect email addresses and/or mobile phone numbers from students ages 13 and above. This information will be used solely for program, event, and alumni engagement purposes by Pretty Brown Girl and will not be used for any commercial purpose or given to any third party. Students may opt-out of these communications at any time.