We are currently seeking Onsite Facilitators to help mentor and guide girls on their paths of self-discovery through our revolutionary school program!
The Pretty Brown Girl Program provides Black and Brown girls across Elementary, Middle, and High School levels access to a culturally responsive, personalized learning environment that offers a variety of experiences, instructional approaches, and academic support strategies. The program is proven to increase a positive attitude toward self and others by cultivating values including self-love, academic achievement, character building, community advocacy, and leadership.
Sessions will be held once a week for 1-2 hours (in-person or virtual, varies per group) at the assigned school site for a total of 15 weeks. All programs will tentatively end between April and June 2024. Facilitators can be assigned multiple groups depending on the applicant’s availability.
Ideal candidates will be those who have experience and interest in working with youth at various grade levels while identifying current culture (social media, music, trends, etc.).
Interviews will take place via Zoom. During this session, ideal candidates will participate in virtual role-playing scenarios, including modeling one of PBG’s lessons. Applicants are required to have access to a computer/ laptop with audio, video, and high-speed internet connection in the event of online sessions. Cell phones are not permitted.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Classroom/ workshop experience working with youth
- Have a passion for working with youth
- Experience in mentoring youth
- Experience facilitating group discussions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen carefully to individual needs and give positive feedback
- Excellent follow-up and persuasion skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Objective-oriented presentation style
- Familiarity with operating online meeting tools (i.e., Zoom, Google Meet)
- Reliable transportation
- Lead and facilitate a total of 15 weekly in-person sessions per assigned group
- Participate in PBG’s in-person and virtual Facilitator Training, Onboarding Sessions, and Office Hours with PBG’s Trainer
- Ensure the PBG curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment
- Relate to students about their personal experiences and provide a positive learning environment with quality and consistency
- Facilitate group discussions in a positive manner that ensures opportunities for participation by all girls
- Build students’ confidence by making the class experience meaningful, interactive, and engaging
- Maintain positive, courteous, and respectful behavior with students, parents, and administration
- Prepare for each session accordingly, including reviewing the curriculum for the week and gathering materials
- Serve as a PBG Brand Ambassador while performing facilitator-related duties
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to leadership on student feedback
- Maintain communication with the school coordinator about any concerns with the student(s) that may need to be referred to additional support services. In case of a mandated reporting situation, follow organization protocol to ensure the girls’ safety at all times.
Desired personal/professional qualities:
- Energetic and fun
- Good sense of humor
- Strong sense of presence
- Be aware of the emotional and psychological needs of the girls
All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen. Pretty Brown Girl does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws.